Benefit Connections    FAQ
Can I contribute funds from my Individual Retirement Arrangement (IRA) to my HSA?

During your lifetime, you are allowed a one-time contribution from one of your IRA(s) to one of your HSA(s). The contribution must be made in a direct trustee-to-trustee transfer. The IRA transfer will not be included in income or subject to additional tax due to early withdrawal. The transfer is limited to the maximum HSA contribution for the year and the amount contributed is not allowed as a deduction. Penalties may apply if SDHP coverage does not continue for 12 months. Contact Fidelity for additional assistance at or 1-800-544-3716.